M-TEK (Pty) Ltd design, develops, produces, maintains and supports electro-mechanical components and subsystems and therefore has to ensure and maintain the appropriate resources are available at all time.
A specialised work force of approximately 60 people, including engineers, technicians, draughtsmen, assemblers, administrative personal and others are presently employed, using a wide variety of software packages and workshop integration tools.
- Mechanical designs are done in SolidWorks, also using FEA as required.
- Electronic designs are done on Altium.
- Control as well as general software is written in C.
- For simulation MatLab and VisSim is used.
- A centralised in-house data base is used for project management, which in conjunction with Pastel is used for the financial management.
- Manufacturing data, including software is controlled from a central configuration department.
- Electro-mechanical integration is executed in well equipped open floor assembly areas, including power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeter’s, hand tools, measuring equipment, specialised jigs and tools,etc
- M-TEK’s in-house electro-plating shop provides specialised plating for slip ring assemblies.
- Specialised environmental and EMC testing are executed at facilities of Gerotek, ITC and others.